Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 1, 2014

Family--
This week has  been a little cray cray!! So as for all the questions-- my mouth is fine.  I had the sweetest Russian lady that the members in the ward told me to go to and she talked in her Russian accent the whole time and I really felt like laughing.  I didn’t have laughing gas (it was over priced) and honestly if anyone ever gets another root canal they don’t need it, I was fine! Sister East hates the dentist though so she sat with me for a while before they started but then she got sick so she had to go and sit in the front! They told me that dad wanted her to give me a hug but she didn’t give me one but it was a great missionary opportunity because then she started asking all these questions so-- way to go dad! My mouth was numb for a while but we went to Sister Millers who lived right by and she made my favorite soup and smoothies and took great care of me!! I tried not to take pills for very long because President said not to so that part hurt for the next couple of days!  But Sister Miller told me to just take the pills so I did after that. But other than that it was all good.  I go back this week for them to finish up! As for everything else it has been blazing hott!!! Like no joke it has been rough outside but that just makes everything funnier when we get in bed at night and think of the day! Like literally this week we had a lesson in a house after walking there and the air was off inside because they can’t afford it and I just about died!! I kept praying for patience as the sweat rolled down my nose and into my eyes! hahaha But we had a good laugh on the air-conditioned bus ride home! Then this week was UNC's first big football game at home so the streets were crazy!  Everything was Carolina blue!! Even the fire trucks are blue here! It is actually really fun but it reminds me of ASU! So then we missed our bus because of the traffic.  We had a ward party that night and it was sooooo fun! I truly just love the Millers so much and they take such good care of us! I opened my package afterwards and it was the best! I personally think that Sister East was more excited for my birthday than I was but it was great!  Then on Sunday morning Sister Miller came over in the morning and brought a cake and sang to me!! She made me a skirt too and it is really cute!  That night our dinner appt. decorated their house and sang and had candles and all so it was really fun! Thank you so much for all of your cards and gifts they were the best and yes I got Grammy’s package!! Thank you! The Elders were knocking some referrals that we gave to them in our apt complex when I got it so we all enjoyed the cookies together and they were very grateful because it was a really hot day!! So other than that-- I spoke in church yesterday! We had a kick off to our ward mission plan so Brother  Miller and I spoke but also Sister Nduku--one of the crazy Africans,  along with Janvier who is our investigator also spoke!! It was crazy! He is not even a member and he gave a great talk! He is so ready to be baptized and he bore the best testimony at the end!! He said,  “I pray everyday that the Lord will help me take the step into his true church!”  I am telling you it was the best and I had to try not to cry as I got up after him! But other than that, we are just doing great here! I am getting transferred and yes I am sad to leave Sister East.  Last night we sung the whole Wicked Cd and acted out the parts!   We have some surprises for Chantz especially on the next camera card!! But other than that-- I know the Lord knows what I need and He knows what I can handle so I am not to worried. But I just want to let you all know how much I love you and how grateful I am for you! I truly have the best family out there and I am so proud of Clay for serving-- he will be so great! Carlee you are the top dog now hold down the fort! And Cami and Chloe I loved the singing! Everyone in the FHC was laughing!! They wish they could be in our family!!  As for today, since we are all being transferred-- all the sisters are coming over so I can dye their hair!! It should be fun! I love you all so much! Anyways have the best week!!  I love you!!
Love always,
Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment