Monday, September 8, 2014

July 14, 2014

Mom as for all of your questions.... hahaha  First off-- yes we are going to dinner with Rachelle and Charisse tonight.   We are going to a Mediterranean place down Franklin Street!! It should be fun Anyways as for the others-- I forgive you.  Don’t worry it actually was a strengthening experience... I felt a little sick for the first few days but then all the thoughts went through my head of what I would do and I realized that I would stay out here. I know that this is exactly where I need to be and I know that I have been called to do a work that is the most important work I could ever choose to do! I love being a missionary and yes there are a lot of hard days but I love them because every time there is a hard day there is always a blessing afterwards!  I also have learned a lot about relying on the Lord in times of trouble.  I came to a point this week of wondering what my own relationship with Heavenly Father is.  We ask people all the time but I never thought about my own so I have been studying a lot about my Heavenly Father and I have come to know that all I have to do each day-- is my best. One of the greatest parts of that is-- I am the only one who knows what my best is so yes I have to push myself.  When I keep going and try a little harder to be a little better each day, I am able to see and feel that my Heavenly Father is proud of me!!   Well I loved the pictures and the package!!! It all meant so much to me!!! Your vacation sounded and looked like so much fun and I wish I could come and watch the movies with you and relive it each family night!! hahaha But don’t worry-- there will be plenty of time for that!! Oh and you all look so old and pretty and skinny and good looking and I just made Sister East look at the pictures over and over again!! haha Well this week has been crazy as well because the Elders that are in Chapel Hill with us are great and we love them! They are so hard working and we all are trying to work close together! They give us referrals almost everyday and we start teaching them.  Then we have people baptized that are dating or related to someone who they can teach!   We often pass our investigators over to them! This week we have been trying to get them over into Joey’s house and they gave us a referral of a lady named Pam who is so great!! She just moved in and when she was moving to Chapel Hill-- the Elders in Wilmington ran into her and helped her pack her house up.  Then when she got here the Elders ran into her and helped her unpack only to later get the referral from the Wilmington Elders! haha So then they passed her to us and now she calls us all her God given servants of the Lord! We love her and she laughs like Kitty on “That 70s Show” so I have to hold back from laughing so hard every time she laughs!! hahah   Also this week we were privileged to have Elder Parker from the 70’s come to our ward! It was a little intimidating because he came up to us before Sacrament and said to Sister East and I, “I want to meet your investigators after church.”  I died a little inside because he is very Southern Baptist but a miracle happened and we had 5 people come to church!  The Elders had a couple as well! He met them all and talked to Vernetta afterwards and told her that she just signed up for the biggest job she has ever been given of doing missionary work! haha I think she died a little but with all these Baptist folks out here-- he really touched their hearts!! It was amazing to feel the Spirit that was there.   I hope that you always  know that I love you all so much and you mean the world to me!! I am so grateful to have such an amazing family!! I hope you have the best week!!
Love always Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment