Monday, November 3, 2014

September 15, 2014


Mom & family--
As for all your questions...
I am in Zebulon which is in Raleigh... but it is the country part of Raleigh... lets just say a new Pembroke, but I love it so much I honestly can not put into words how happy I am!!  I have never been this happy in all my life and I think this past week has been the best week of my whole mission!! I love Sister East and I miss her but training is really stressful especially in Chapel Hill where there is minimum member support.  In Zebulon,  I am with Sister Anderson who I came out with... She was trained by my trainer’s trainer-- so Sister Lewis’s trainer and so we have always clung together since the beginning. We always used to talk at meetings and we just have been great friends the whole time so when President put us together we thought he was kidding.  So when we got to transfers and it was true we both freaked out and we now have had to make a new rule that we go to bed by 12 no matter what because every night this week we have been like little school girls laughing and talking at all hours of the night.  Then we wake up the next morning having a missionary hang over! hahaha  So anyways, I love her so much and she truly is one of my best friends! Here in good ol’ Zebulon the members are the best part! They are not Indians but they are crazy like them! We have so many amazing members and the house that we live in is so great!! I love it! It is luxurious for missionaries! We have a few investigators and we have been reaching a lot of our goals! This week we wanted to find 4 new investigators and have 20 lessons. Well one day,  it was almost dark and we had been eaten alive by bugs and we hadn’t had dinner yet but we hadn’t found our new investigator so we went back out. Even though I always feel so tired,  I honestly feel like there is an extra source of energy that is given to me when it comes to missionary work.  So we went out and found Melanie and she is sooooo great! A member referred us to her and she is so receptive! She loved the Book of Mormon and we said a prayer all holding hands together! We also found some other new investigators by tracting this week! I usually hate tracting but for some reason everything just seems to be so much more fun with Sister Anderson! We just have fun being with each other and we laugh at all the crazy things that happen to us!! We have been teaching this man named Charles and he is seriously the best! I love him so much! He has a problem with every part of the Word of Wisdom but he wants to be baptized so badly! At the end of every lesson he kisses our hands and we both just die laughing!! His wife is a recent convert named Znobia and she is so strong!  In the middle of one of the lessons with them, I just so happened to see a trail of roaches leading to the ceiling so I followed it up and realized that their was a hole in the top of their trailer that was surrounded by all these nice sized roaches!! I liked died!!! Then when we kneeled to pray we all went to the center to hold hands and I smashed a roach with my knee... yes the guts were on my dress for the rest of the day and I just dealt with it! haha Oh how I have missed the country! haha But seriously, I love it out here! It is the best!  This week has been so amazing! I can’t even tell you all how much I love you and look up to you! You are my greatest blessing and I talk about y’all way too much! I am so grateful to have the best family in the world! I love you and hope you have the best week! 
Love always Cass

ps-- my ward mission leader is in the district!!! He is so funny!! Second we are eating at a ladies house on Saturday that has lice... pray for me!!! Sister Anderson and I have been praying all week!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment