Monday, March 2, 2015

February 2, 2015


We don't have a car this week so it is a little harder to do some things! As for Sister Badger-- I love her and we get along great! She is super nice and she has helped me a lot! This week sounds like y'all had a lot of fun! I just really miss all of you so much and can't wait to talk to you either!  Well-- where to even begin.... so Sister Badger is from Provo. This week we had lots of meetings so the first one we had was a Zone Conference and Sister Bauer and I had to teach so that was a little hard because we are separated.  So that is a little harder than usual, but we made it and it was funny because that was my last zone conference-- so yes, it was pretty sad! I cried a bit and now it starts with all the lasts!! So then Friday we had CMLC,  which is our leadership meeting and Sister Badger had to go back with her companion that she fought with for the day which was an experience.  At that meeting,  President talked to me about what he is planning on doing for the rest of my mission. He told me that I will finish here in Zebulon with Sister Badger so that should be great!! She might hate being a missionary but she is honestly one of the hardest workers I know! She is really organized so I am learning a lot!! I have even been keeping my clothes hung up for part of the week!! Dad you should be proud!! hahahaha!  Some things will never change!!  As for the teaching part of the week--well this has been one of the hardest parts of my mission  I think especially this week!  So on Tuesday I got a really bad cold and we went over to see George.  Well lets just say my heart has never hurt so much.  The worst part about it is, he still wants to meet and learn about the Book of Mormon so I still have to see him all the time! Pretty much long story short,  it was the hardest lesson I have ever had.  He asked us if we would read the first 12 chapters of John with him.  So we started and pretty much he just, under the table,  bible bashed us the whole time. I honestly don’t know what happened but I think that he gets confused and now he is just lost. We still meet with him and I love him so much still but it is hard and he is much farther than I thought. Like for example,  he knows all of this deep doctrine but he believes in the Trinity.  He told us in the first lesson that he didn't but I guess he changed his mind.  I guess this is where your heart gets torn as a missionary because you want all these blessings for the people that you love but they are just so blinded by the world and by the things around them that they forget to go to the source of truth. I have learned so much about a broken heart and a contrite spirit and what it truly means between testimony and conversion. I know that this is the Lord's work though and that it all happens for a reason. George just has to go through some things before he is ready for he fullness of the Gospel! So other than that,  Sister Badger and I have been working our tails off!  We are just finding “do not contacts” and less actives and people to teach! Honestly, Sister Badger is one of the smartest people I know and I am lucky to learn from her each day!  Today Sister Miller is taking us to Raleigh so my letter and things might be a little late if I get them off but I want you all to know that I love you and that I know this is the true church. I can’t even explain to you how much I love this gospel! I know it is true and I know that I have a Savior who loves me and who knows me! I know that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet and I am grateful for all that he went through for me! I know that I can be with each of you forever and I am so grateful for the blessings of the Temple! I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I know that it gives me the strength I need each day! I am grateful for each of you! 
Love always Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment