Thursday, January 9, 2014

December 9, 2013

I am trying to catch up--wish me luck!! (New Year's resolution!!)
December 9, 2013
Well hallelujah Thank you Jesus!
I love my family! Really I can’t even tell you all how much I love you!!  I love hearing about everything that is going on.  Ok well before I forget-- mom I heard about the TVs!  Sister Bernhisel called me and we just died laughing but it is really alright!  As for Christmas-- thank you for all that you do.. Sister Ang will love that!!!  I think Sister Lewis and I are gonna get her one of her fav Greg Olsen picture because Sister Lewis lives next to him so her mom will get it signed as well.  She really doesn’t have any family at all so this is the first time she is celebrating Christmas in a long time!  We are going to skype probably at Sister Teresa’s-- we don’t know for sure but we are hoping it will all work out...  Any who-- well this week has literally probably been the best week of my mission so far!! Not that the others haven’t been great and all but honestly this week was the best!!  Tuesday we went to meet with one of our black friends from the other night and her name is Stefani... she asked the snake question but when we got there Brother  Lee had Seneca and her husband there as well and Sister Maryland came with us because we are always tight on miles so we always try to have our members take us.  Anyways we go and her husband is literally insane!!! No joke he is nuts! He wants to be a preacher but I don’t think he is right in his head and literally every 5 minutes he would stand up and repeat the same paragraph about himself " I am 56 years old-- I’m from New York!-- I love my wife!! I HAVE JESUS IN ME!!"  We just about died every time because he was doing a little dance along with it and he would step together step together from side to side as he spoke and either pop his collar or raise his hands in the air... (Clay stand up and act this out-- make sure you yell I HAVE JESUS IN ME!!) haha Anyways Seneca was struggling with not laughing and we just had to act like we were taking him seriously you better believe that "there is a time and place to laugh " was going through my head! haha  Then after that went on for 30 minutes, Brother Lee made him sit next to him and every time he was about to interrupt our lesson we could hear Brother Lee say "hold on-- talk to me we will have our conversation while they have theirs" hahah! We were dying but Stefani is great and she is really coming along! She has great questions and loves to read and always does!!  Yesterday she missed church because she found out her husband was cheating on her the night before so she was a little messed up but she met with us yesterday because she said she always feels better after she talks with us and she sees blessings after every lesson so she is waiting to see what is next! She has great faith!  Also she receives answers in her dreams all the time!! It is kinda crazy but a lot of people out here have that gift and the Lord always answers! But anyways so last week on Thursday we went to a sisters meeting in Raleigh right next to the temple, which no we haven’t been able to go it is about 21/2 hrs away.  I saw it and let me tell you how much I LOVE Sister Lewis-- she honestly is the best and we get along really well! We have become pretty much like sisters and a lot of people ask us if we are... I get compared to an albino!!  It’s alright they are all black anyways... but yes I am so excited to be with her for Christmas.  I think she will be transferred after... or else she will be in Pembroke for half her mission, so yes we are pretty sure this is our last month together which makes me super sad!!   After the Sisters meeting we decided we definitely wouldn’t be together again because it is too easy and we don’t know what other sisters we would get along with... so yes I have a feeling I am going to be taught how to get along with the next companion that I get but hopefully it all works out! hahah Anyways-- on the way home from that meeting we stopped because we were both sleepy and needed something to eat so yes I am back on Diet Coke!! woop woop! But we pull into this gas station on Hay Street and it looked sketchy.  So I drove around and at the house behind it there were about 6 black men doing a huge drug deal out in the open and I was just like alright and Sister Lewis can’t see 5ft in front of her.  I told her we should hurry but.. we get out and go in and right then of course the black men come in behind us and look at Sister Lewis and comment on her hair.  Then one of them comes up to me and looks at my name tag and starts asking questions so I give him a mormon.org card and tell him there should be a church around. Then he looks at me and says, "If I could get sober long enough to go to church" so I laugh and try to walk away a little then he stops and goes "I’m about to beat that man up over there he owes me some money!"  Now--take into consideration he is slurring his words because he is so drunk then we pay for our food and another man comes up to Sis Lewis and I and looks at Sister Lewis and says, “Can she see?” (asking me) and puts his hand right in front of her face... literally palming her face because his hand was so big but it was about an inch away and I am just dying trying so hard not to laugh and we were just like yep she can and walked away and hurried into the car... We got home and Sister Angela told us that Hay Street is like Bourbon Street in New Orleans! It is crazy and in the deep ghetto... hahaha we just laughed! But anyways the rest of the week went so great!! Jesse had her baby yesterday and we have been meeting with a lot of our investigators and they are coming along really well! I love teaching and find missionary work so fun!! It has been something that is really hard to learn to do but after you get over the fear it starts getting easier and trust me I still have a lot to learn but I always think to myself this is probably one of the first times in my life when I know with out doubt that I am right! This is the true gospel! This is Christ’s church! I get to promise these people blessings! and happiness! It is the best job in the whole world! I have been reading in Alma 32? (I think I can’t remember exactly) and it is all about the story of the little seed when planted it will grow.  After it is planted we always forget that we have to nourish that seed-- we have to endure to the end! We nourish ourselves by reading our scriptures by praying and by feeling the Spirit! Without these things we will never progress! I have a special gift that I am sending home to help all of you with missionary work! You will love it!! When the conversations get started keep talking! I love you all so much and hope you have the best week!! Oh-- also President Bernhisel came to Pembroke on Sunday! We had no idea and it was his first time ever coming down! It was too funny I think he had a rude awakening when the speaker in sacrament went off about how this country is ran by a bunch of heathens that live in Washington!  Then our investigators class was an in depth conversation about the second coming that made most of our investigators more confused than they were... but that is Pembroke and our ward mission leader is the best! He just doesn’t know what he is doing! hahaha I love it here! I will have to show yall everything in action over skype! I can’t wait and I love you!! Have the best week!
Love always

Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment