Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 6, 2013

Well this week-- wow I can’t believe it has only been a week.  Someday it feels like time flies but then looking back it seems so long ago! Probably just because so much happens in one day that I just can't even explain it!! Well so last Monday we locked ourselves out, so we walked to the church because our whole district was playing bball.  We took our last picture together and  then we went to Sister Teresa’s and saw her grandbaby.   Anyways, then we went to a couple appointments and afterwards, Yarnell called and told us to come back and have a bonfire with them so we did and it was so fun!! It was for all the leaving missionaries.  We all had s,mores and spent time with our favorite people. Oh ps yes his name is Yarnell (haha)  weirdest name-- Yarnell Hondo Locklear-- I think you met him when we were skyping.  Anyways, then we went to transfers and Sister Cowley is my new companion. She is great!!! She is a little "sister missionary" but that is great!! I couldn’t have asked for a better companion! She is super great at being obedient so obviously the Lord sent her to me to learn and that is exactly what I am doing!! It is great and she is super sweet!! She always boosts me up and loves to give hugs! She is a year out so she is almost done but she is from Utah and she is healthy!! It’s really nice!! We went to Sister Teresa’s family’s house on New Years and I think it was a bit of a culture shock for Sister Cowley but she is getting used to it! New Years out here is pretty funny because everyone eats black-eyed peas for luck, collards for wealth, and cornbread for good health! hahaha  Oh and NO one does there laundry on New Years Day because that means you are washing away the memories of your loved ones that have passed! haha They are nuts out here but I love it!! Then we had sparkling cider with Sister Angela at 10:30 sharp to bring in the New Year! So yes I kept the tradition as well mama! As for the rest of the week we didn’t get to meet with Stefanie because her father passed last week and so she was busy.  Summer is doing pretty great as well!  We had a lot of people cancel this week so it was a little slow but we are getting back into the swing and I just have a feeling things will pick up this week!!! Oh yeah it is freeeezzzziiing here!! Like below 20 tomorrow but it just freezes over and bites you! As people say its riiiiigght EErrish out der!! hahahaha  As for everything else, the dog that usually chases us and barks at us in the morning has been lazy lately probably because he is cold but we count it as a blessing to us!! This week I have been growing a lot!! I always think of that quote that says, “There is no room for growth without discomfort”, and that is so true!! Even though sometimes when we feel uncomfortable and worry and feel like we can't keep going that is when we learn and grow the most.  We have to then rely on the power of the Atonement to give us the capacity to endure our trials. I love growing because I feel myself become closer to my Savior but it also is hard for us sometimes to realize the blessings that come from our struggles. Being on a mission has really helped me to feel my Saviors love... I am so excited for you all to experience the happiness that comes from the Gospel! I know that as a new temple comes it will be a really great time to do missionary work! I promise you that if you pray for missionary opportunities that they will come!! I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us each day. When we tune into the Spirit and look for the promptings of the Spirit--  you will find them!  Yes,  I know that is when it becomes scary and you are probably thinking that I just won’t pray for any missionary opportunities so then I won’t have to open my mouth... well at least I know that is what I probably would have been thinking but I know that the Lord will bless each one of you when you do His work and serve Him!! I am so grateful to be a missionary, I love serving the Lord and reminding people of the happiness that comes from the Gospel! I love you all and hope you have the greatest week!!
Love always and forever 
cass

No comments:

Post a Comment