Tuesday, April 1, 2014

February 3, 2014


WOW Happy 25th!! I wrote it in my planner so don’t think I forgot!! You know I am always good for some candy to celebrate so there should be a package sooner or later. I won’t make it chocolate since it might get there late... but before I forget about Josh... I did get the news and although I am so sad that my sweet cousin passed I am so excited that he is with his Heavenly Father! Talking with Sister Angela helped a lot because she works with special needs adults and it makes her joyful when they leave! She told me she hopes Heavenly Father is saving one of them up in Heaven for her to marry when she gets there! hahahaha   She’s hilarious!  Anyways, what I remember about Josh is that he is a warrior! He is one of Heavenly Fathers most valiant servants and I am so lucky to be able to say, when I get to Heaven, that he is my cousin! That amazing servant of the Lord, yeah I am related to him! I always loved how he was unconditionally loving whenever I saw him and if I remember correctly there was one time when we went to the movies and he held my hand and called me his girlfriend! I will always be his girlfriend! I love Josh will all my heart and know that he is perfect! I imagine he is just up there being the best missionary around.Well wowwee wow wow! What a week!  Clay you look gooooodddd in those pictures you sent I hope you have so much fun at morp! I can’t believe it is already that time of year! Carlee-- wow efy will be so fun with Ashley and Cami and Chloe I am so jealous I missed seeing all of you dance!! You know how much I love a good competition!! I am sure you all did great!! As for mom and dad-- 25 years!! As Uncle Jesse would say,  “Have mercy!!” hahah Congrats! You are the best parents I could have asked for and I look up to your relationship! I hope someday I will be sealed to my best friend!!  Well as for being a sister leader-- I was just called on Saturday and a Sister leader is kind of like a zone leader but for the sisters.  We go on exchanges with all the sisters in our zone and we have to teach at all of our meetings, so like in front of President Bernhisel!! Yeah I am scared! I just hope I remember to say “neat” and “guys” haha!  But I know that the Lord and the Spirit are the real teachers so hopefully that enabling power kicks in right about now!  I know it will so it will be great! Sister Cowley is a great example to me! As for this week-- wow it has been a little bit of a weird week nonetheless a great week! Full of learning and growing! As for Brother Goodman, I don’t know if I told you-- I dyed his hair! haha I also took out Angelique’s hair this week.   She is black and had these braid things in so she asked me to take them out. It took about 30 minutes but it is  nice to serve her because that always brings us closer to people! Other than that she is coming along.   She has been coming to church and likes everything! We always have stumbling blocks and being out here in Pembroke I have just about had everything there is-- so let them come at me! Sister Cowley always says, “If you ever want to see what is in the world just come to Pembroke!” Honestly it all happens here--which is hard but it really opens my eyes. Angelique let us know last night that she has a girlfriend so we will be working with that this week.  I know that it is in the Lords hands so I am not too worried but I will let you know. As for everything else-- we met with Clement and he is doing great! He wears a shirt now to our lessons and always has great questions! (He is the millionaire!)  As for this week, we met with a less active whose name is Maryann. To put it in a short way, she told us about her upbringing and I don’t think in all of Pembroke that I have ever heard such a sad story.  I learned a lot about the atonement this week and the whole time in the lesson I kept looking at Sister Cowley and trying to figure out how best to meet her needs.  I try to relate to everyone out here but her situation was something that I have never even imagined.  As we listened all I could think was that Christ was the only one who could get on this level and however we answered would be directly from the Spirit. I am so grateful to be an instrument and to know that I have a Savior that died for me.  He knows what I feel at every moment and because I am on a mission I am able to feel the love that He has for these people.  I am able to remind them that they have a Heavenly Father who loves them and that they are children of God. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of each of His children and that He does not want to lose any of them. I know that we are given commandments so that we can find happiness and I am so grateful to bring the joyful news to those we meet! I love this work and I am so grateful to have a family back at home! I am so grateful that I will be with each of you for time and all eternity and I am truly grateful that I can return to my Heavenly Father someday.

So a side note it SNOWED this week!! And we were all out of miles so we walked everywhere that day!! I felt like I was in Canada! It was freezing! But it was a good experience! Oh and the next couple of days we couldn’t go on the streets because they were frozen. North Carolina doesn’t have the equipment for snow so school was cancelled all week! Crazy I know but it was way fun! Now it is blistering hot and I just about sweat all day! The weather is nuts out here but I love it! Anyways I love you all!! Love forever and always
Sister Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment