Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March 3, 2013


Oh my goodness-- well this is the week!! My big brother is getting married!! Chantz and Kenzi I just want you to know how excited I am for you! I know that this it a wonderful time for both of you and I am so sad to miss it!   I know that the families out here need to be sealed just like you  will be and so I will keep you in my prayers! I love you both and know that this is part of Heavenly Fathers plan for the both of you!Wow!! what an amazing experience it sounds like y'all had at the cultural celebration! I know that the spirit had to have been there and I know that it is something that you will always remember! Remember the Spirit that was there and I know that you will always be reminded of the happiness that can come when we feel the Spirit!! I just feel like my heart has been so full lately and I know that the Spirit is the only one who can make us feel that way! Well as for this week-- it has been a crazy one! For your questions Mom-- I don’t know how long I will be in Pembroke. Hopefully another transfer after this one but I have no idea.  It is crazy to think that I am two transfers away from half my mission! The time honestly just flies! I wish it would stop but I know that the Lord has big plans for each of us and we just have to hop on the train and go along for the ride!! This week has been another great one as always! I have really come to learn so much more about myself! I always have the question in my head of why was it so important for me to serve a mission that Heavenly Father took no chances and said it straight out... I know that this is exactly where I need to be and I am so grateful for the chance that I have to serve! Everyone always says it is a great time to be a missionary and that is so true! The work is hastening so quickly and, truth be told, Heavenly Fathers work is going to get done either way-- it just is our choice if we want to be a part of those blessings or not! Now for a warning… there might be some of my friends from hair school at Chantz’s wedding and if you want you can let them know that I am coming for them when I get home!! hahaha (just kidding) That might be a little creepy!!  Honestly there is so much work to be done and I love being in the middle of it!! Well we are still meeting with Adriana and it is the best! She has her kids reading every night from the Book of Mormon and we didn’t even tell her to! She is so elect! This week we went on exchanges again and the new missionary came with me in Pembroke! You could tell how scared she was and it made me wonder if I was like that... I am pretty sure I was but I am glad that I have gotten over that phase! We went to Brother Lee’s to meet with Angelique and she ended up calling us and telling us she didn’t want to take the lessons anymore. Sister Cowley wasn’t with me and I was a tad worried that my disappointment would show but I have learned so much from Sister Cowley on being positive and I know that the Lord has a bigger plan than what we see right now! She will come around I know it! I know that she has felt the Spirit and that is the greatest part! The next morning we went to one of our former investigators house idk if you remember she was the one that told us we came to her in a dream... but anyways we had an amazing lesson and we were able to get three new investigators at her house! That doesn't even include the rest of her family!! They are all amazing and you can just see how it doesn't matter where people come from or  what circumstances they are in the Gospel is always for them! It always helps! We had a pretty great rest of the week I think I have pushed more cars out of the mud in the last month than I probably will ever do for the rest of my life! On Saturday we went to Fort Bragg (a military base) to stay the night with the sisters over there! We had a meeting in Apex the next morning so we wanted to cut down the early morning travel time a little bit.  We had  to sleep on the floor and as Sister Cowley and I were laying there we only had a pillow and a blanket and we look at each other and remember that these sisters had bed bugs a month ago!!!! They said they got rid of them but I guess we will see.   We checked today for bites but you never know!! As you can imagine I think I got about 3 hours of sleep that night but kind of a little miracle-- we were saying our prayers and their neighbors had their TV playing loud and as soon as I said please bless that they will turn their TV off or that we could fall asleep quickly it shut off! It was like a light switch!  Pretty amazing! Then the next morning all the Sister leaders and Zone leaders met with President and Sister Bernhisel, the temple presidency, all the stake presidencies and our Area Seventy  --Elder Parker! It was such an amazing meeting and a little scary!   Elder Parker  was the one who set the plan for the meeting and what was said was so inspiring! I am telling y'all the work is moving forward!! Our goal is to more than double our baptisms! Every missionary is suppose to baptize 6 people a year when it was 3.7 and even then that might not be good enough!! A huge goal for every companionship is 20 lessons a week! Sister Cowley and I usually hit 19 or 20 but we see so many miracles!! Everything depends on our members and that is you all!! We plan to ask our members to invite people over for dinners to pray for families and to do all they can to open their mouths! I know that this is what the Lord needs done!  There are so many blessings that are waiting!! I am so excited to go out and see what is waiting to happen! I hope y'all know how much I love you and what you mean to me!! I am so excited to have Kenzi in our family and I know that everything will go well!! I know that this church is true and that Heavenly Father is watching over each of us! 
Love forever and ever
Sister Oliver

ps. We are suppose to get a huge storm today! The weather is changing so quickly!  It is hot all of a sudden and they cancelled schools out here!! Hopefully we have a hurricane!! It’s gonna be nuts!! Oh and this one man that we taught this week had as all hold hands and get in a circle for a prayer and you could tell he was probably a preacher of some sort... well anyways, he starts praying and everyone is prayer talking shouting hallelujahs and all that jazz!  It was pretty funny!  I felt like they were gonna start dancing in a circle or something!

pps Oh yeah and I had oyster this week and gumbo soup! It was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment