Tuesday, April 15, 2014

March 31, 2014

Family!!!! Oh how I have missed you!! Well let me just start by telling you that I am serving in Chapel Hill!!!! GO TAR HEELS!! hahaha I love it here it is completely city!  It is almost like serving down Mill in Tempe and there are millions of college students everywhere and everyone is super smart around here and there are actual stores!!! Like a Target!!! I just about died and I think my companion Sister Wilde is getting a little annoyed of me freaking out at the fact that there are street lights and stores and restaurants everywhere!! It just kills me but I truly love it here! This week I feel like it has just been crazy there are so many things that I have to tell you but I will start with your questions... well one when Clay gets his call I am allowed to talk for ten minutes I think so send me more information when you get it! I am so excited for you Clay!! Ok and Happy belated Chantz!  Oh and I am in Charisse Standage’s stake.  She is one ward over from me so we meet in the same building--small world! But other than that-- yes mom we go to the Temple in a couple weeks and it will be the best!! I am so excited! As for the dog chasing me... yeah, I don’t know if that will happen here and the bee sting was just funny.  I think the stinger is still in my leg because I still have a bump! But anyways-- leaving Pembroke was so hard and I still feel that my heart is torn some days but I have realized that I don’t ever have to take them out of my heart.  I feel that I somehow just have more room for this new ward and area and new companion! She is great!  We both are a little scared that we are going to become too close of friends because we are so alike and everyone asks if we are sisters wherever we go-- even though we look nothing alike!  I feel that it is going to be great! Well this week we have had meeting after meeting but they are great!! We are having Gladys Knight come to Chapel Hill in a couple of weeks and it is suppose to be a huge missionary opportunity!! Our mission President has been waiting for 2 years for her to be able to come to our area so it is pretty exciting!  I am just so lucky and blessed to have been transferred right to Chapel Hill the month that she is coming and to be a Sister Leader here!! Only 12 missionaries get to host it and out of the twelve there are four sisters so they chose the two sets of Sister Leaders in the stake and I just happen to be in the right place at the right time!! So we have been with President all week figuring things out.  He told us the other day that we were chosen first by the Lord but second because we always smile! I guess that part of my blessing is coming to pass as well! But anyways we are so excited!  Then we had MLC which is where all the leaders meet and learn and I had to teach a little bit! That is always stressful but I think I am getting more used to it. It is crazy because I don’t even feel like I am the one teaching, I feel like I am not even in my body but it is a pretty amazing experience! I guess it is just normal missionary life!  Other than that-- we live in a huge apartment and it is amazing! We even have a private gym!! We also are teaching a lot of people from Rwanda! It is kind of crazy but they are all refuges with crazy stories.  The language barrier can be confusing sometimes but somehow the Spirit helps the message to go through! I just feel so blessed being a missionary! It is honestly the best experience! Some days I feel that I am just on vacation here but then I realize that I am even luckier because I get to feel the Spirit here and grow so much! I have felt so much love for the people in Pembroke and I know that when we grow together spiritually that is the best way to build a friendship.  It was hard leaving Elsee and Summer but I know that they are in good hands! They sent their favorite dream catcher to me and I love it!! I will have to send you a picture of it!  It will always remind me of them!! I don’t know how I am going to bring things home though! It is crazy!! Clay I can’t believe you had to talk I bet it was great! And dad I am sure yours was amazing as well!! Mom you know that your music is always spiritually uplifting! I am sad I missed it!  I am always so proud to call y’all my family! It is weird being in a ward with families again and with kids crying. It is the greatest blessing to see how even though I have been in two completely different situations the gospel message is still the same and the Spirit is still here! It is the same all over and I am so grateful to be able to hear from our Prophet next week! Girls wasn't that conference amazing!! I loved all the music! Sister Wilde and I just noticed how often they are starting to use media! It is a huge tool and we all need to hop on!! But anyways I hope y’all have the best week and know how much I love you! You are the greatest blessing to me and I always look forward to hearing from you!! You are the greatest!  This is my new address! 101 Hwy 54 G6 Carrboro NC 27510 
Love forever and always 
Cass/sister Oliver
ps mom I wish they had a pill for patience as well! I have really come to love Mosiah 24:14-16.  It always reminds me to be patient!!
Also I can’t believe Tyler and Jenny have a baby I am jealous!!  Oh and pps I am in the medical triangle!! It is pretty crazy!
Well anyways I love you thanks for always being the best! 

Oh family I forgot to tell you we talked to this man who told us that he was Jesus and that he wrote a language called Babolonix! It is crazy nuts!! I just can’t even believe it! He started talking in it... nuts!! But whatever it’s normal! Happy General Conference weekend!! One of the best weeks of the year!! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment