Monday, April 7, 2014

March 17, 2014

Mom, well first off-- Happy Birthday!! I can't believe it is already March! It is crazy!  Oh my goodness Clay looks smokin!! I love the hair even if I did love the locks! I still think you look really good! Tell Kaylyn she did a great job! It is kind of funny because since people have been finding out I am leaving everyone is trying to squeeze in their last hair cut or color haha!! I am happy to do the service I just feel bad because we are always so booked! I guess that is really just a blessing in disguise because let me tell you I am so grateful to be busy!! This work is so much more fun when you actually just go out and do the work! This week Sister Cowley and I have really been working on talking with everyone, which is one of our usual focuses, but we have been switching our Facebook time with tracting! We just choose an area and start knocking.  We have been going going going but what is the real amazing part is even when they don’t want to hear-- they still tell us to go see someone else they know. So we go to the next person and they tell us someone to go to and pretty soon we will find the elect!  It becomes like a scavenger hunt! Also we get into a lot of interesting situations--but I love it! Wow!! California sounds so fun!! I am jealous!  As for transfers-- I am so sad that I have to leave Pembroke. If we ever come back out here we will be stopping but luckily Sister Teresa and Sister Angela want to take me to them so that will be fun! Plus on Saturday, we had Stake Conference in Fayetteville so Tamara and Adrienne took us to dinner at Carraba’s! It was fun to get one last dinner out with them! They said that after Tamara goes through the Temple here (which should be next November so I can go with her) then she will be coming to Salt Lake when I get home so hopefully I can go with her then as well! haha I love being around Tamara because it is the best to see how different her family and life is now because she has converted! I am telling you the gospel is everything and without it we are so lost in this life!! Also Ms. Hilda, Tamara’s mom came to Stake Conference and she loved it! She has been one of Tamara’s biggest struggles because she was so hurt when Tamara joined and she didn’t make it a secret! haha  Anyways, The Lord softens hearts in His time we are just waiting to step in when it is time! Also I have no idea where I am going but I know that I am still a Sister leader, that is how I know so early. He usually doesn’t tell us until like a few days before but I was given a little time so that is nice! I do know one thing, wherever I go there will not be food like this!! Everyone has been trying to feed us their best meals this week, I still feel a little stuffed from yesterday but I am so grateful that they always want to feed us and they always try to make it so nice for us! I kind of have a feeling I am going to a military ward! Since half our mission is all-military I have quite a few choices! Also I have the best banana pudding recipe in the world that I will make when I get home!! Honestly you think the ice cream is good wait till you try this!! The best!! Well as we are sitting here Sister Cowley reminded me to tell y’all-- we were chased by dogs this week... it was the scariest yet the funniest think I think I have ever had happen.  We went to a house that someone referred us to and we see they have wire between the wood in their front yard. Well-- we look around and notice that there is a dog on a chain so we go to the porch and go up the steps and knock. Well no one is there but as we turn around there are four feisty looking dogs surrounding the porch!! Sister Cowley and I just look so scared and we just always say don’t get scared...  We start walking towards the exit and they start biting at our ankles so I start running and they all come after me and I got so frustrated and scared that I stopped and turned around and yelled NO!! Like that will help... so I keep running and as we are on the verge of tears we get to the gate!!!  Well about an hour later we can’t find our phone and guess who has it-- the dog owners!!  At this point, our member drives us to the house and we get the phone. The owners hand it to me and say, “We saw you running away. We were inside... but we were laughing so hard that we didn’t answer”-- all I could do was laugh!! Well anyways, it turned out to be a great day later on because Adriana and Summer are getting baptized! We are so excited for them!!  Other than that, this week has been great! I was in Sanford this week and it is beautiful up there. We had an amazing Stake Conference!! Kids get ready to serve! This is the best time to be a missionary and I am so excited for you!! Honestly-- missions are hard sometimes but for the most part it is the greatest work ever! When someone’s life starts changing and you get to watch them become closer with Heavenly Father-- there is no greater joy!! I love being out here and serving! Plus I also know how to cook eggs and grilled cheese now! I am telling you whatever you are worried you don’t know-- you will learn when you are on a mission!! hahah  Anyways I love you all so much! 
Love always and forever
Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment