Monday, February 9, 2015

December 29, 2014

Sorry it took me so long to email today, we went with Sister Smith to Ulta in Raleigh and then to lunch for Sister Bauer’s b-day. It is today!! It took a little longer than we expected so now we are rushing everywhere to get everything else done! I thought Mondays would be the least  stressful day of the week but in reality they are always the craziest! haha Anyways I loved seeing y'all on Christmas! It really makes everything better! I just really don’t feel like it will be that much longer till I am right there with you!  We had a wonderful week! We went out with a Sister named Sister Workman and she just made us laugh the whole time! She is this little old lady that is so feisty! Christmas Eve was great! We went to a members house where a lot of people from the ward were all doing a white elephant exchange and having sweets and stuff so that was super fun!!  What made the night different from any on my mission-- was that they had a testimony meeting at the end of it. It was one of the most spiritual experiences that I have ever had and I was able to truly feel the true meaning of Christmas. It is funny because this whole Christmas season I had been praying to feel the spirit of Christmas and to remember Christ through it all and that night I just felt such overwhelming joy.  I just have gained such a strong testimony of my Savior and I now know exactly what He has done for me personally. I know that the only way that  I can do anything that I do in my life is through Christ. I know that the only way that I can find true and lasting happiness is through Christ and I know that there is a perfect plan just for me that is only possible through Christ. I guess over all I know that I wouldn't have made it against all the tricks of the adversary without my mission because it has taught me how to recognize that the only possible way to ever be happy is by living the gospel. In Church this week someone said the gospel isn't hard-- life is.  It is so true. The gospel is only there to bless our lives but when we want things of the world or we are to impatient to wait for all the blessings that the Lord has for us-- that is when we truly become so unhappy!  Our struggles that we endure make us  stronger.  They have helped me to rely on Christ more than ever before and I am the person that I am today because of those struggles. I would never ask for anymore but I am grateful for the ones that I have had! I love you all so much and hope that you know that! I am so grateful for your love and support and I miss you all! I hope that you have the best week! 
Love always Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment