Monday, February 2, 2015

December 21, 2014

Hey mom! Thanks for everything!   I found out this week that I am a little bit like you-- where I want everything to be perfect but often for me it just doesn’t work out like it does for you!!  As for everything around here! Well since I will talk to y'all in about 3 days this might be shorter but let’s see-- where to begin... So last Monday, Sister Miller came and took us out to lunch which was great! I just love her! She is so sweet.  Then after that Tuesday... oh it poured all day and we felt bad because the Elders had the car the whole week before when it was raining so hard-- so we gave it to them and we rode our bikes and tracted in the rain pretty much all day! It wasn’t too bad, we talked to this really nice man who was a carpenter and he was really interested in the Book of Mormon so that was great! Then after that we had our Christmas Zone Conference all day on Wednesday and it was pretty amazing! We had to drive all the way to Chapel Hill and I got to see a lot of my friends that are out there! It was a musical conference so it was a really great spiritual experience! Afterwards we had to go to our Mission Presidents house for one of the sisters that we are over so we spent pretty much the rest of the night there.  It was a little stressful but it is all over now! Then Thursday and Friday were filled with back-to-back appointments all day long! aka... the best days to be a missionary! Busy days are the best! We really saw all of my favorite people! We had a lesson with George at Brother Boyd’s, our ward mission leaders house,  and it was great! It is kinda weird because everyone that meets him and every time we are with him-- everyone always reminds me that I had to meet him. There is just something so special about George and for some reason I feel like I have known him for my entire life! Oh and yes he is the one in that picture! He is just the best! I can’t wait to tell you about him! After that Darlene Boyd made us Chitlins.... THE GROSSEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! They are pig intestines! Then after she told us that, she said  when she was cleaning them she found one that was all brown and really nasty smelling so she threw that one away but I just about died!!! Sooo gross! Hmmm what else has happened... oh I sang in church!   Well the Elders and us all sang.  It was kinda funny but it didn’t sound too bad.   The Elders are both over 6 ft and so is my comp so there were plenty of jokes afterwards about a little red riding hood in the big trees! I just love this ward so much! They are really the best and I hope that I spend the rest of my time here! I just love being a missionary! It really does make me so happy! I don’t know how to explain it but I just want you all to know that I know that Christ lives! He is the only way that I could make it out here everyday! He truly makes each weakness  a strength and He knows us so personally! I love this time of the year because I am reminded of the Atonement and what it has done for me in my life! I know that the Gospel is my life and I will always live it! I love you all so much and I am so grateful for each of you! I can’t wait to talk to you on Thursday! I am sending some letters your way so be looking for them! 
Love Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment