Tuesday, February 17, 2015

January 5, 2015

Mom & family,
As for this week--it was a lot better.   I have been praying a lot about certain things that have just weighed on me my whole mission and I fasted about a lot of it yesterday.   As I prayed last night I really just felt that Heavenly Father was so aware of me.  As  for things around here, yes Zebulon is the best! I love it! I don’t think that I am being transferred which will be great!!  I love it here--and all the members as well! My comp is older than me... pretty much everyone out here is.  I think I am still one of the youngest in our mission other than the elders but I don’t mind!  I can’t believe that dad cut his head!! I hope he is all right! Seriously snowboarding is not our sport!! haha As for this week... oh my goodness have I told you that I love George?? Well I love George!!! hahaha ok I know I say that every week but seriously he is the best!!!  This week we had a great lesson.  We have been asking him lots of questions because he always answers himself when we ask. It is kinda funny because the gospel is true and it just makes sense so when you ask questions people always just out of common sense,  answer themselves with the doctrine that we believe. It is just the art of asking the right question. So he has been having a hard time with baptisms for the dead and we asked him what would you do for those people who weren’t baptized if baptism is the only way to Heaven?  He sat there and realized that it is the only way! It is also funny because all his friends ask him to ask us questions that are anti-mormon questions that their preachers tell them but they are too afraid to ask so then he asks us and when we answer he always gives us verses in the Bible to Bible bash with. (He literally has the whole thing memorized!)  Then later,  we had another lesson and we asked him what he had thought about baptism as he prayed and he said that he had a dream of a field that was ready to be harvested and there were workers who were going out to harvest.  I about died! We whipped out D&C  4 and he just laughed and said there goes the Mormons always having an answer to everything! hahaha I just love him! But other than that,  we have been really working with a lot of less actives this week! They are all so crazy but good! It is just funny that they always have problems with Joseph Smith and then when we ask them if they have been reading the Book of Mormon while they question everything-- their answer is always the same, No.  I just want to tell them to go and read and pray and come to church and then ask me the same question over again. I can promise they will see it in a different light! I just love the gospel so much! It is so true and it is what brings the greatest happiness! I hope that you all have the best week and know how much I love you! 
Love Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment